52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee,
the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind.
Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”


Saturday, February 12, 2011

Radio and Television

I do not remember a time when we didn't have a television in our home. I have no memories of listening to radio 'shows,' but I have heard of them.
My earliest memory of TV is from when Jaci was a baby. I would have been about four years old. My memory is that I went and got Rich out of his crib and quietly took him down to the couch to watch "J.P. Patches," our favorite early morning show. I was trying to be helpful to my mom, letting her sleep in with the new baby.

Some of the other shows that come to mind as favorites are:
  • Captain Kangaroo
  • Stan Boreson 
  • Johnny Quest
  • The Ed Sullivan Show
While I don’t recall sitting in front of the television for long periods of time, we did have our favorites. I suppose we watched JP nearly every morning before leaving for school. The other shows were mostly weekly shows that we generally watched with one, or both, of our parents. Good times!

Lost in Space
The Rifleman (one of Dad's favorites)
    Wunda Wunda
     The Lawrence Welk Show (a family favorite)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment